Monday 21 May 2012

Day-to-day stuff


I’ve always intended that this blog would reflect my working life as well as my progress in 23 Things, so while I’m sorting out my week to come, I thought I’d share my plans for the week.

We’re holding a Customer Services Team meeting Wednesday morning so I need to prepare for that. The content of the session is already decided – feedback on survey data; sharing on upcoming projects including proximity cards (replacing all staff and student cards this year), possible refurbishment and upgrading of library on another campus, ILL changes, printer changes; and latest on project to investigate procurement or development of new service desk software across support departments. We’ll also be looking at developments in creating a new Strategic Plan for Information Services and how this will affect the development of our operational plans.
The problem will be fitting everything in, and getting survey data in a meaningful state before the meeting.

I’m working on the new service desk software project across support departments in the whole university so I need to put in some work on this including going over information sent to me by colleagues in other universities, and sending information to one of the vendors. Also need to decide how much resources we’re going to be deploying on this project in the next few weeks as it’s a busy period for all staff with lots going on.

I also have various catch-up meetings with individual staff and a Customer Services Manager meeting which is held fortnightly and is extremely useful to keep everyone informed of what’s happening.

Hopefully by the end of the week, we’ll be further forward with operational and strategic plans, and everyone in the team will have a clear idea of what our priorities are going to be over the next few months.

Now just need to go through emails and notes of meetings last week to list other things that have cropped up and need to be done and I can get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment